Author: swcomp

Adventure Game Sandbox

I’ve been having such fun building a WebGL adventure game using the PlayCanvas HTML5 Game Engine and a great set of Unity 3D model assets I purchased that I’ve decided that now is the time for me to build the adventure game I’ve wanted to build ever since I got into computing! Just building one game will never be enough for me though, so I’m first going to build frameworks to support a First Person Adventure Game Sandbox so that I can readily produce more games; best of all the sandbox will be included with each game so players can remix my game world with as much or little procedural assistance as they want and script their own stories and characters to make their own game to share and play with their friends. I’ll be building the early stages of the underlying Adventure Game Framework in PlayCanvas, however to realise my concept for this game fully I’ll be developing more advanced versions for Windows and Xbox One. Once I’ve produced the Windows and Xbox games I look forward to bringing what I can back to the browser for use primarily as a teaching aid for programming at schools and possibly as a freely available lightweight version of the main...

Read More

Product Focus

I’ve decided to cancel my focus on web development products and my CMS Active service to concentrate on my core product ActionTrack. I have also scrapped my DeveloperStack concept as too broad a system for me to provide a solution...

Read More

Action Track App

After careful consideration I have decided to move my CMS Active Site Designer project back by at least 1 year to launch no earlier than Q2 2018. I have switched back to my ActionTrack project. In 2017 I will be developing a much simpler version of ActionTrack than the website based product I had planned to launch, instead I will build very simple but high quality apps for Android, iOS and Windows offering the core value features only. After thinking through many great and sophisticated features that may in time be part of ActionTrack it is refreshing to revert back to the core idea. This will truly be a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) at...

Read More

CMS Active – Site Designer Coming 2017 TBC

Some time after Q2 2018 I will be improving my CMS Active service with a new Site Designer feature.   Standard Site Designer will allow you to build, try out and then launch your own budget business website from a range of pre-defined site templates without the need for my bespoke web design services. Custom A future version of the Site Designer will also allow you to create a personalised Site Design Order using a custom tool for creating your own page layouts and unique site structure. Once your design is complete the Site Designer will calculate the amount of work I will need to do and quote you a fixed price and delivery date. A deposit of 10% will be payable. Once your site is ready you will be able to try it out before you pay the remaining 90% and launch the site on your chosen hosting package. There will be a 100% guarantee that the site I build will meet your design to your satisfaction or you get your deposit back. For either of the above services the Site Designer will allow you to order and launch a blank site in maintenance mode and then later add your own content through...

Read More

Host Network

A “Host Network” technology is needed for ActionTrack, IdeaTime and DeveloperStack, this will be offered as online SAAS subscription or a licensed and supported deployment on the users’ own servers or even personal computers. The ActionTrack and IdeaTime web applications and APIs will be open source so Developers will be able to create their own services and products using the technology. In time a suite of native Windows, iOS and Android clients will be developed with the basic client software also being open source. I am undecided on whether to open source the more advanced features of these client apps or to keep those proprietry and closed source, that will depend how the business model evolves, my current intention is to charge for service rather than software and to open source as much as possible. Each application’s functionality will need a range of different linked hubs within the host network with each hub having its own structure and networking functionality. ActionTrack and IdeaTime hubs will exist both within the DeveloperStack hub and in their own right as the uninversal application instances. Subscribers to the “Host Network” service will be able to create their own Network Hubs comparable to DeveloperStack with different dynamics of ActionTrack and IdeaTime networking and applications within those hubs. For example there might be a “Project Tracker” hub that is dedicated to tracking projects progress and performance using ActionTrack technology...

Read More